Razzle Dazzle Snazzy Jazzy Vegas Big Show - June 22, 2019
Online ticket sales open May 15, 2019. Tickets are $14 in advance, $18 at the door - all seats are reserved. Tickets are required for anyone occupying a seat, children under 2 that are sitting on a lap do not require a ticket. Tickets are non-refundable.
Costume Order Form
Celebrate your dancer and create a tradition filled with loving memories for years to come by purchasing a program ad to be featured in the program booklet. Program Ads feature photo and text to express your love, support, and pride for your dancer.
Helping Your Dancer Prepare for the Show
Every parent wants to see their child sparkle in the spotlight, here's some quick tips:
- Maintain excellent attendance. Class time is when children learn both dance technique (which turns their steps into polished looking movement) and rehearsal of their dance, their entrance, exit, and final bow for the end of the show. While the late spring and early summer is filled with fun family events and occasional absences are sometimes unavoidable, practicing at home can really help keep your dancer feeling confident.
- Take advantage of the resources! We've loaded most pre-school dances to the Customer Portal so you can download and have your child practice the dance at home. If you have questions, ask the Dance Teacher.
- Talk to your child about the show, and remember to reinforce what their Dance Teachers tell them: Smile naturally and look at the audience (not at the floor), If you make a mistake - just keep dancing, and Do your Best! No matter what happens, the show is just one day - they should be proud of all that they have learned from the names of steps, to increased coordination or flexibility.
- Don't put all the pressure on one day - reduce stress on your dancer. Children learn and grow by repetition and refinement of their skills, while a show is an exciting time for families and friends, it can be frightening for dancers young and old. Performances are part of the learning process that teaches children about overcoming fears of being in front of a crowd, staying calm, teamwork with their fellow dancers, theater etiquette when backstage, and the joy of sharing their talents with others.
- Keep your dancer healthy. Make sure your dancer gets plenty of sleep, stays hydrated and has a great breakfast the day of the show. Be sure to include a protein and fruit or veggie which will calm the jitters and keep the stomach settled all show long.
Audience members must follow all rules of the host theater:
- Please enter and exit the theater between dances, never during a performance.
- No flash photography.
- No videotaping - this includes smartphones and iPads. Besides copyright infringement, and the risk of recording someone else's child on a personal device, the glow of electronic devices creates an uncomfortable and annoying enviroment to audience members nearby.
- All music is copyrighted and Modern Motion has secured a licensing agreement for our performance. Please do not violate copyright laws or put our license in jeopardy.
- Silence all electronic devices for the duration of the show.
- For the safety of the children, only dancers and event staff may enter backstage areas.
- Dancer dismissal will be by age group at the conclusion of our show. The safety of the children is very important to us. All dancers will be released by a staff member to their parent, guardian, or designated adult.